One of the best things about eBay, a site I consider to be one of my favourite online shopping destinations, is that you can buy absolutely anything and everything for usually dirt cheap prices (Thanks Hong Kong and China sellers!).
When I was browsing through, I came across these studs. Now, we all know that studs are in and you can see them on so many items from tops to shorts to bags and of course phone cases.
So I purchased myself a pack of 100 studs for $1. I didn’t know what I’d do with it, but I knew they’d come of use one day. A couple months later, just as my pack of studs were about to get their second layer of dust, I came across an army green silicone case for $1. And so my first Do-It-Yourself project since I was 12 began. I was going to make a studded cross phone case.
It was a success, so I thought I’d share this fun and easy project with all of you!
Items you need:
- Plain phone case (Can be hard plastic or silicone found in eBay or stores)
- Studs (Can be purchased online here for only $1.34 with free shipping!)
- Super glue (I used the Krazy Glue brand)
- Tweezers (optional)
1. The first thing is to lay out your design, I chose to go with a cross and small pyramid at the corner, but the possibilities are endless!
Here are some sample designs I found online:
2. Then start to glue your design! I recommend putting the glue directly on the case, and make sure to press and hold your stud in place for at least 30 seconds. The tweezers are there to help you hold and place the studs without risking crazy glue on your fingers!
Voila! You’re done! Let your creation dry for a couple of hours, and then you can proudly say “Thanks I made it myself” when people compliment your case! 😉